Accept the challenge of shooting a Super 8 film on one cartridge of Kodak Tri-X Black & White OR Colour Ektachrome with all effects and edits done in-camera within 1 week. Then join us at Academy Cinema to enjoy the first ever screening of all the films created with all the beautiful grain, grey scale and analogue accidents on Saturday 26th October 2019.
• The theme of this year's challenge is EXPOSURE.
• You can sign up as an individual or as a group.
• Attend a Super 8 workshop on 5th October 2019, 2pm at Monster Valley to get some tips, plus pick up a Super 8 camera and roll of film. You cannot use any other film for this event. Each film will contain a unique entry code.
• All effects and editing must be done in camera.
• Each film must have a title at the start.
• All films must be shot and returned on Saturday 12th October 2019, 4pm at Monster Valley
• All films will be projected from the reel at 18 frames per second providing a duration of approximately 3 minutes 20 seconds each.
One entry per team or individual at $200.00 with B/W or Tri X film OR $250 with Colour Ektachrome. Each ticket includes one Super 8 film, film processing, a Super 8 camera to use from 5th - 12th October 2019, a screening at Academy Cinemas AND an after party!
FILM & CAMERA COLLECTION + WORKSHOP
A film and camera must be collected from Monster Valley on Saturday 5th October at 2pm. Ian Powell will hold a workshop to answer any technical questions and share some tips. Super 8 films will be screened for inspiration.
FILM & CAMERA RETURN
All films and cameras must be returned on Saturday 12th October 2018, 4pm at Monster Valley. Late returns will be disqualified and may not be screened at Academy Cinema on Saturday 26th October 2019.
Camera & film collection + Workshop Saturday 5th October 2019, 2pm at Monster Valley - 11A Poynton Terrace, Auckland.
Camera & film hand-in Saturday 12th October 2019, 4pm at Monster Valley.
Screening Saturday 26th October 2019, 7pm at Academy Cinemas - Lorne St, Auckland.